Was it me.. or was the store owner rude..

I'm a bit confused about the nature of your relationship. Why are you tending his store and giving him great deals on coral? Are you two actually friends or are you just a customer?

Maybe take a step back and return to the standard customer/owner relationship. Price what you sell at market rate, be friendly but don't watch his store.
 
Just a customer. He calls everyone his friend.. he puts on that friendly act to everyone. Just the way he is. But ive never had him laugh at me for asking if hed be interested in a purple torch. I just feel like there was a lack of respect on that. Ive never done anything like that to him. Ever.

As for helping his store.. lots of people do it. I just help out when i can to keep the store fron failing. But your right i need to go back to a customer only thing. Ive noticed when i ask for a deal on something its always a No. But here i am giving my time away to frag his colonies or other things. Youre right ima stop that
 
I’d take a break from him. He has your phone number? He can call you. However he should have spoken to you about his issue instead of being rude. Let’s see if he calls you to talk about the situation, or your last conversation.
 
I agree with people saying he must be mad at you for something. But if you've had a good relationship previously, I think it's worth just asking him.... You are acting weird. Is everything ok? If he continues to be a .... You know.... Then you know.
 
Ya ill try that out.
 
Him not saying hello says it all. The laughing could be misinterpreted but looking at you and not saying hi back is rude. He's definitely upset with you over something.

I'd probably ask him nicely if you did anything to offend him and try to figure out what's going on. Or else take a long break from the store and when you do return, be purely a customer.
 
Him not saying hello says it all. The laughing could be misinterpreted but looking at you and not saying hi back is rude. He's definitely upset with you over something.

I'd probably ask him nicely if you did anything to offend him and try to figure out what's going on. Or else take a long break from the store and when you do return, be purely a customer.
Which is wierd as i havent really been there but once or twice in the last two weeks. And i was only there for a little bit
 
Instead of asking this form for piece of mind. Ask him personally. Not a dig on you by saying that...just everyone can speculate but in reality the only way to clear it up is by asking him. Are you alright? You seem upset? Did I do something?
 
Are you selling said traded corals from your house? If so, a customer of his could have bought your frag(s) instead of buying from him, and he found out somehow.

I once made the mistake of telling my LFS owner that I didn't need any food because of our local reef club's group food buy. He won't talk to me since, so I've taken my business elsewhere unless I'm in a pinch. Bottom line is if you mess with their customer base / sales that's a one way ticket to them not giving a flip about you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I have been there several times. Dave and his employees are usually very helpful and nice. I've never had a bad experience with them and their selection of corals are pretty impressive Last time I was there, he was helping a little girl pick out some FW fish and I was very impressed by how patient he was. I'm pretty sensitive on customer service, so I would chalk it up with he was maybe having a bad day or you may have gotten under his nerves for some reason.
If you want rude customer service, Supreme Reefs in Burke is the place to go. Really nice place with a very large selection of fish and corals, but man, is the owner rude. (At least he said he was the owner). No prices on anything and it seems like he just pulls the price out of thin air.
 
as we age people not in the immediate circle become less relevant ..
Tell yourself he just doesn’t matter and he won’t ..
OR just could be a bad behavior sample ...we all have bad days. ....
 
My wife and I have been there several times. Dave and his employees are usually very helpful and nice. I've never had a bad experience with them and their selection of corals are pretty impressive Last time I was there, he was helping a little girl pick out some FW fish and I was very impressed by how patient he was. I'm pretty sensitive on customer service, so I would chalk it up with he was maybe having a bad day or you may have gotten under his nerves for some reason.
If you want rude customer service, Supreme Reefs in Burke is the place to go. Really nice place with a very large selection of fish and corals, but man, is the owner rude. (At least he said he was the owner). No prices on anything and it seems like he just pulls the price out of thin air.
Yea i know the guy in supreme reefs. His name is Ben and yes hes rude. I havent been there in 2 years since he smart mouthed me.
 
Well i talked to him yesturday. Waited till no customer was in the store. It wasnt me he said. He was having a bad day.. more like bad last few weeks.. aparently quality marine and his fresh water supplier keep sending him dead fish. Not packaged correctly. For example putting 25 cory cats in one small bag.. they all died, and fedex delivers 6 days late on some occasions due to the storms. They started picking it up at the airport but same thing. Too many DOAS.


That and aparently another guy whome i wont name wanted a tank and and equipment. And had it all ordered. And then backed out or something i dunno the details and caused the store owner to lose thousands.

So were good. He just kinda let his frustration out on me unintentionally that day.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top