Water evaporation in DT vs sump

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eldin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Yes, an overflow box would provide a more stable water level. The water level in the display can vary as far down as the weirs go. I hate hang-on overflow boxes, but even that would be better than a PVC pipe hack job.

If your sump level is also changing, it's because the water is passing under or through the last baffle, instead of over it. The section before the return should be the one that maintains your sump level constant so that only the return section varies.

If you maintain a tighter control of your topoff, you also won't have a problem.
 
If you maintain a tighter control of your topoff, you also won't have a problem.
This statement is true as well. Not sure how you're refilling evaporation, (automated or manually). If you keep up with evap then your return pump will become more consistent.
 
The return pump, and the amount it pumps up into tank should control the amount of water coming hack diwn. If it’s not, as you say, then the only reason I can see for that is the weir openings are not enough and water is damming you in display at weir
 
Get an eshopps hang on back. I’ve run one on my tank for over 4 years. Doesn’t need an aqua lifter to maintain. Easy to set up and start working, and has flawlessly restarted for me every time.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top