Water test came back with some red flags. Not sure how to proceed.

  • Thread starter Thread starter becky46
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

becky46

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2021
Messages
119
Reaction score
16
Location
MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Had an ICP test done. Things looked pretty good, except for a few elements. Are any of these concerning?

Boron: 4 mg/l (too low)
Iodine: 54 µg/l (too low)
zinc: 21.00 µg/l (too high)
iron 7.00 µg/l (too high)

I'm not sure how concerning these numbers are. Triton seems to think they require correction, but wanted to hear your thoughts. Thanks!
 
As long as everything is happy in your tank I wouldn’t worry too much. I would double check for anything rusting like powerheads, make sure no stainless steel hose clamps etc.
 
Zinc is the only one I would worry about, if it was higher. I am no chemist but from the literature it appears that zinc at that concentrations should be negligible for most corals and fish.. maybe you use a salt rich in iron and zinc?
 
possible, I would say to just do a WC, theres not really any harm in doing so.
Zinc is the only one I would worry about, if it was higher. I am no chemist but from the literature it appears that zinc at that concentrations should be negligible for most corals and fish.. maybe you use a salt rich in iron and zinc?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top