Water tight 1/4” bulkhead push connecto

thecodingart

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2023
Messages
235
Reaction score
188
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have recommendations on where to get a 1/4” bulkhead push connector that is water seal tight?

I need a few of these for my mixing station.

 
Not saying they don't make one but I have never seen one with a gasket.
 
Not saying they don't make one but I have never seen one with a gasket.
I saw a post floating around where someone added a common water garden hose gasket and had this sealed pretty well. I'm going to place mine in a place that shouldn't be submerged to be safe + add a garden hose gasket.
 
Does anyone have recommendations on where to get a 1/4” bulkhead push connector that is water seal tight?

I need a few of these for my mixing station.

Are you sure you need a washer? Can you first try it without a gasket? If you need a washer, order it from Amazon or if one exists in your area a hardware store. I think a nylon or polypropylene washer is what you are looking for
 
Does anyone have recommendations on where to get a 1/4” bulkhead push connector that is water seal tight?

I need a few of these for my mixing station.

Did you end up installing these on your salt container? considering doing the same but worried about leaking.
 
Did you end up installing these on your salt container? considering doing the same but worried about leaking.
I did, but in a slightly different way
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0979.jpeg
    IMG_0979.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 51
I see, you’ve installed the bulkhead vertically. I was thinking horizontally…I was hoping you had done that.
Done it several times for ATO reservoirs by putting down a ring of silicone first then tightening. Just drill them tight and rough the area with sand paper before cleaning with acetone. Oldest one I still have in service is at the bottom of a 20 gallon tote I put together in 2012.

Ignore craptastic photo but this is what you’re talking about correct?

IMG_3439.jpeg
 
Awesome thank you … should I add a piece of tubing to the end of the bulkhead inside the tank? Or just leave it open(as it will be below the water line)?
 
Awesome thank you … should I add a piece of tubing to the end of the bulkhead inside the tank? Or just leave it open(as it will be below the water line)?

If you want the last 1/2 to 1” of water available you need to stub it out. Other wise just the bulkhead works fine.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top