waterbox 10 gallon protein skimmer recommendations

  • Thread starter Thread starter KSean
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

KSean

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2017
Messages
53
Reaction score
16
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers!

I have a 10 G Waterbox that is stocked more on the heavier side.
I have been successful in keeping the params reasonably stable but nitrates are so much harder to control. Right now I am at 40 ppm and that's after a 20-30% water change. >.>
I am looking to get a protein skimmer that would fit and possibly a nicer filter too.
Eshopps nano skimmer came up in a different thread but it is out of stock pretty much everywhere. Any alternate nano skimmers that'll fit the left (preferable) or the middle compartment of water box 10 G?
I have a few LPS and softies. I understand large water change helps but the softies and LPS seem to open up happily when I don't do large water changes (when the water condition is more stable).
Any suggestion is appreciated! ^^
 
As someone who has a business and even sells protein skimmers I can tell you they are pretty much all the same lol. If you find one at a good price and good reviews it's probably just as good as the next one.

We have our own brand of protein skimmers but so does every company and they all function pretty much the same.
 
Thank you.
My main concern was the size. The tank's back chamber is ridiculously small to fit anything.
going with : AQUATIC LIFE 115 Mini Internal Protein Skimmer/Filter . Let's see how that fits. Fingers X-ed!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top