• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Waterbox 220.6 Display tank. 167 gallons

Detroit_aqua

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2019
Messages
100
Reaction score
90
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm selling just the display from the Waterbox Reef Pro 220.6 system. 167 gallon volume, low iron rimless glass, pre drilled. Asking $1300

THE GLASS OVERFLOW IS BROKEN AND WILL NEED TO BE REPAIRED (which is why they sent me a new one).

The rest of the tank is in new condition, never seen water, still in original crate.. The dimensions of the tank are roughly 72x24x25. PICK UP ONLY Located in Metro Detroit area. Price is negotiable. Serious inquiries only, message me with questions or if you want more pictures

220.6-white-700x700.jpg overflow.jpg
 
Bump. Will take 1100 instead of 1300. Also open to trades
 
Uffffff this is way to tempting
 
I believe with those dimensions it’s 187 gals, isn’t it?
i think they subtract the thickness of the glass and maybe dont count the top inch or two suspecting you wont fill it to the rim
 
Last edited:
I am just getting into the hobby. Do you know of a way to replace the glass.
 
I am just getting into the hobby. Do you know of a way to replace the glass.
From what I know, you could:

  1. Silicon the pieces back together (probably the least aesthetic and sketchiest option)
  2. Silicon a new piece of glass behind the broken pieces and silicon underneath and around the edges of the new piece (simple and effective)
  3. You could have something 3D printed for relatively cheap, cut out the old face of the overflow and silicon the new piece in
  4. You could reach out to waterbox and see if they would sell you the broken piece (unlikely, but worth a shot)
If it was me, I'd probably lean towards option 3, as it is the most aesthetic, but I'm a nerd about those things.

If anyone has more solutions feel free to chime in!
 
Any idea if the glass is tempered. I'd be tempted to remove the overflow all together and just drill for a external overflow setup. Then just silicon new glass over the holes in the bottom of the tank.

That's what I was thinking. A ghost overflow on this tank would be nice!

D
 
Any idea if the glass is tempered. I'd be tempted to remove the overflow all together and just drill for a external overflow setup. Then just silicon new glass over the holes in the bottom of the tank.
Its starphire glass, which I believe is tempered for aquarium use. Would have to do some research though
 
I contacted Waterbox and as you thought they didn’t have a replacement or a solution. I will contact a glass friend tomorrow.
 
It would be easier to get a piece of acrylic cut to match whats in there vs a piece of glass. Probably cheaper too,
 
Contact me if offer doesn't go through
 
Offer fell through. Asking for $1000. Price is negotiable.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top