Waterbox 25g Pennisula Nem Tank

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2014
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
6,769
Location
Shreveport, LA
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well tore down the Biocube 16g I had and replaced it with this.

Just got it into today. Used 10lbs of KP Aquatics Live Rock, 20lbs of Black Sand.

Lit by an AI Prime 16 HD

Having to use Waterbox's filtration until InTank makes a media basket. Eventually will add on a IceCap K1 Nano Skimmer.

We are cycling though!
IMG_0547.jpg
IMG_0548.jpg
 
Last edited:
These are super cool little tanks!
I agree, been trying to find a Cube 20 for about 2 months, but always been like a 6 week wait, then Voila they came out with this, so easy change for me!
 
Neat dimensions on that tank. Like the rock too! What's the livestock plan?
Fish/Invert List:

Goby/Pistol Shrimp bonded pair.
Helfrichi Firefish - Always wanted one of these, expensive (yes I will have a tight lid). (Maybe a bonded pair)
Probably 5 Nassarius Snails - I like sand bed getting cleaned.
Electric Blue Leg Hermit crab.
Porcelin Anemone Crab.
"Steve" - Orange Storm Clownfish. (Not going too put another clown in here, as I heard a bonded pair can get too teroritorial for a small nano. So Just him by himself)

Coral List -

RBTA
Cloves
Toadstool
RFA Nems - Bunch of these
Shrooms - Bunch of these (Ricordias/Yumas/Hairy Mushrooms)
Other various softies.

Current plans. Still working on coral list.
 
Very nice! I'd personally try to add a little dimension vertically with the scape.

How do you like the waterbox?
 
Very nice! I'd personally try to add a little dimension vertically with the scape.

How do you like the waterbox?
Yea I didn't want to go to high with scape, but may try something.

This is my second Waterbox, main DT is 100.3. I love it. Quality tanks.
 
It's looking good! I like how you redid the scape. I'm actually really happy I came across your build because I ordered the exact same tank from Waterbox and I was wondering how black sand would look. Can I ask what brand you used?
 
It's looking good! I like how you redid the scape. I'm actually really happy I came across your build because I ordered the exact same tank from Waterbox and I was wondering how black sand would look. Can I ask what brand you used?
Yea I used the CaribSea Hawaiwan Black Sand - And yes I'm sure I didn't spell that right Lol.

Honestly my first time using Black Sand. Think it looks really good! I did know prior to putting it in there, I have to be careful with my magnet cleaner, cause the black sand is magnetic. But doesn't seem to be to big an issue, used it today.
 
Played with the scape. Added some shelf rock to the KP Aquatics rock. Thoughts?
4B1BC01B-35EF-4CB8-AF95-C4F0525B45E8.jpeg
CBAF3C5E-9397-478B-8724-A3E22AF4E574.jpeg
4C0A2F25-25B3-4489-9B73-77C27C37930C.jpeg
Looks like a great start! Only suggestion would be to try and bring it up vertically a bit more to make sure your getting good flow through and around the rock work. It will visually fill up the tank a bit more and help to eliminate any dead spots. Keep us posted :)
 
Ok new try! With suggestions in mind.
D85B42F6-5748-44F2-B1DB-1C5371FFECB5.jpeg
7E460031-7234-4093-A073-DD04CCE2F529.jpeg
8096A95F-81AB-49E5-B702-7F4CA697D410.jpeg
Looks great! Maybe put a few small pieces of rock under the 2 flat pieces on the bottom to bring them up off the substrate a bit. It will allow more flow in that area and keep detritus from building up under there. Thanks for sharing :)
 
Well some good and bad news. I noticed bubbles forming along a line on my back wall, on the sump wall. Thought it was dirt and used a magic eraser to get in there and try to clean it. Thats when I noticed it wasn't dirt and was a pretty huge scratch/crack going from the overflow weir down and diagonal across the sump wall all the way to the sand line.

I felt the back of the sump wall to see if i could feel it from the other side, but I couldn't. I can't tell if its a crack or a scratch, but if it is a scratch its very deep.

I submitted a damage claim to Waterbox on Friday/Saturday and they got back to me this morning. They said to them it looks like a crack (confirms it for me) and they are already shipping out a replacement. No clue if I have to ship this one back yet, haven't heard back on that front, but I'm quite impressed, sucks I've got to tear this tank down and fill up the new one, but oh well, least its only 25g. Leaving it running till I get the new tank, its on the overflow wall, so if it did finish cracking all the way it isn't going to spill on the floor cause its an All in One.
IMG_0570.jpg
IMG_0572.jpg
 
70C24D97-6C5A-40CC-9B8E-7E7F139CC5DE.jpeg
17A801BD-41FC-4FC2-87E6-951A0CB7A86E.jpeg
9A062D86-3C54-46AE-B0EC-C69AC007D049.jpeg
EF731F30-FC02-410E-B776-AD1282AACCDC.jpeg
74D3B53B-39B1-4900-BBB1-5354267DA62E.jpeg


Well new tank setup and was able to trade the old BioCube for some coral. Pics below
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top