Waterbox Frag 105.4 LPS Tank

Looks great!
What power are you running the Gyer at now?
I see you got some Goniophora on the right side now as well. :D
I originally had them on the back wall but wasn't getting the right flow I'd hoped for. Everything seems much happier with them on the sides. I have both pumps set to max at 50%. They're set to anti-sync and ramp up and down over 30 seconds.
Unfortunately those aren't goni's. For some reason I can't get goni's to do well in the tank. Maybe the tank is just too young. They're the next best things...alveapora's. You can tell they're loving the tank.
 
I originally had them on the back wall but wasn't getting the right flow I'd hoped for. Everything seems much happier with them on the sides. I have both pumps set to max at 50%. They're set to anti-sync and ramp up and down over 30 seconds.
Unfortunately those aren't goni's. For some reason I can't get goni's to do well in the tank. Maybe the tank is just too young. They're the next best things...alveapora's. You can tell they're loving the tank.
Oh wow couldn’t tell with no flow. I’m sure it has to do with how young your tank is. Have you sent off an ICP test to see what’s in your tank? Might surprise you.
yeah I moved my Gyer to the same place and put an MP10 pushing forward from the back wall. This seems to have solved all my flow dead spot issues for now.
 
Last edited:
Oh wow couldn’t tell with no flow. I’m sure it has to do with how young your tank is. Have you sent off an ICP test to see what’s in your tank? Might surprise you.
yeah I moved my Gyer to the same place and put an MP10 pushing forward from the back wall. This seems to have solved all my flow dead spot issues for now.
Yep, got the results about a month ago. There was 0 iodine and everything else was normal. I started dosing iodine 3 weeks ago.
 
Beautiful tank. I want it soo bad but can’t justify the cost.
 
I spotted a Talbot Damsell! Love them, here's mine.

IMG_20210312_192125.jpg
 
Looking great!!! Those Blastos! :)
Thanks...every blasto I put in the tank just explodes. All of them started with one or two heads. Acan are a different story. :-( They just barely survive for some reason. I've got three in there now. Two of them are looking better finally starting to show some puffiness. The third is still mostly retracted. Not sure what the issue is with them.
 
Time for a quick video update. Tank is pretty much running on autopilot right now and pretty stable...cross all my fingers!
 
How are things coming along? No update in a while.
Yikes...it has been a while. Tank has pretty much been on cruise control and everything is doing well. I think the only change I've made was to add an IceCap ATS several months ago to try to help avoid using GFO.
 
Slowly making progress. Salt was added on Saturday and sand on Sunday. Not gotta mess around with the gyres to try to stop the bare spots at the front.
IMG_20200504_104520257.jpg
Love the placement of the rocks! When the tank matures it will look like you took a piece of the reef and put it in your tank!
Kudos. Bob
 
I just realized I haven't updated this thread in a year and a half. July 2023 I'd started shutting it down for a move and sold off all of the corals and fish. Move ended up being cancelled so I took that opportunity to do new rock work and slowly start restocking. Beginning of Feb I had a crash and lost all but my file fish and about half the corals. Been slowly restocking again and here is it today. The only thing to come out of the crash was that I'd been battling cyano for months. Apparently a lack of oxygen will also kill cyano. The sand had gone from a bright pink/purple to brown. After doing 4 water changes and vacuuming the sand it's not returned.
 
New lights and new lid! My second A360X started to go out just like the first one did last year. After checking out lots of options I happened to see the X15s on sale at BRS. I'd had Radions on a previous tank so jumped on these. With new mounting hardware I had to get a new lid from Kraken. It fits like a glove!
PXL_20240720_175324730.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top