Weird brown sludge out of nowhere

What can cause dino. My tank is very established and I havent introduced anything new in months

If this is the tank that you started in April then my idea and your idea of 'established' isn't the same thing. Low phosphate can cause it, low nitrate can cause it, weak or undiverse bacteria and microfauna populations can cause it.

With a new tank, just looking at it the wrong way can cause it it would seem.
 
What can cause dino. My tank is very established and I havent introduced anything new in months
Supposedly, dinoflagellates are in everyone’s tank. Most likely 99% of us have them. They only take over when conditions are right for them.
 
If this is the tank that you started in April then my idea and your idea of 'established' isn't the same thing. Low phosphate can cause it, low nitrate can cause it, weak or undiverse bacteria and microfauna populations can cause it.

With a new tank, just looking at it the wrong way can cause it it would seem.
April was my 10g. I started this tank like last fall
 
If this is the tank that you started in April then my idea and your idea of 'established' isn't the same thing. Low phosphate can cause it, low nitrate can cause it, weak or undiverse bacteria and microfauna populations can cause it.

With a new tank, just looking at it the wrong way can cause it it would seem.
Phosphates are .1
Nitrates are 20
 
Not by any means am I the best but what helped me was dosing P04 and N03. Usually dinos love to rear there ugly face when P04 has fell off the map! That’s even when you have a N03 reading!!
 
Could it be diatoms... my lights went out 20 mins ago and now there is 0 signs of it

20190827_230909.jpg
 
I did the cup and paper towel test and after an hour and a half no precipitate. But the bucket has some precipitate
 
I would recommend running a large UV sterilizer and do a 3 day blackout. I have no personal experience with dinos but I’ve heard many success stories using that method
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top