Weird fry that appeared after water change!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wolf89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
I think it's pretty awesome too! I started with dry rock and don't have any coral, so the fact that you have fry in your tank is pretty sweet. Let us know how it goes!
 
Any new developments?
a second and third fry have made themselves apparent. They are all about an inch long, much, much bigger then they were before. Also, they are not completely translucent anymore. Have not been specifically feeding them, but I add a capful of zooplankton to the tank every day.
 
Definitely looks like a killifish/mudminnow. Typically netted and used for bait in the Gulf. Very very hardy fish.
upload_2019-2-5_9-14-2.jpeg
 

Pretty awesome! I live on the bogue sound, nc, so when its low tide, I walk out and catch all sorts of cool creatures. I find lots mud minnows, so this is pretty awesome. Unfortunately my tank is pretty much at capacity though. I might be able to keep one, but what should I do with the rest?
 
Really cool! Where are you located? Maybe someone could take them if you don't have space for them.
 
Likely clown. here is a pic of a 2-4 week old

clownfish-fry-day9-1.gif
 
Here is a 6-7 week old

clownfish-fry-day11-1.gif
 
Looking at fins and shape of face, looks also like a hawkfish. Do you have a hawk(s)?
 
Why wouldn't a clown fly last long?
They pretty much are plankton at first and float around getting eaten by most everything including the adults and filtered out by the filters or chopped up by powerhead.

While looking at your previous posts to try to get more info on your tank you asked if you could keep "mummichog" with clowns. Did you ever put any in the tank?
 
I’ll put in a vote that it’s a rainwater killifish like mine. They stay very small. Mine is fully grown and is only 2 something inches. Guessing mine came in on some macro algae I ordered. It took months for someone to make a positive id on mine.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top