Weird thing on the face of a polyp

Rubymoon286

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2019
Messages
380
Reaction score
780
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what's going on with my Zoa? It's fleshy and solidly attached to the face of the zoa.
78738470_10162484735030517_2726867262987304960_o.jpg
 
Does anyone know what's going on with my Zoa? It's fleshy and solidly attached to the face of the zoa.
78738470_10162484735030517_2726867262987304960_o.jpg
I sometimes see zoas do this. Not neccesarily a bad sign but I'm pretty sure its spitting out Zooxanthellae
 
I sometimes see zoas do this. Not neccesarily a bad sign but I'm pretty sure its spitting out Zooxanthellae
Interesting - I've seen them spit a little out, but they tend to be stringier and of a softer texture. I guess I'll keep a closer eye on it the next few days
 
Yea usually every now and then I see the long strings come out while the polyps are completely open. But sometimes the odd ones mushroom up like that and spew out a glob. Is that a new piece?
 
Yea usually every now and then I see the long strings come out while the polyps are completely open. But sometimes the odd ones mushroom up like that and spew out a glob. Is that a new piece?
Yeah-ish - three weeks and I moved them from the frag plug they came on to the rock so they could grow more naturally - I managed to pop the glue loose and just directly transfer them to the rock after I dipped them.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top