Well I finally did it... went to vortech mp40w

  • Thread starter Thread starter tc269
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

tc269

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i finally took the plunge into buying a vortech for my 90gl reef tank. This replaced my (4) koralias I was running. In this video none of the koralia's are running. Not a bad wave going..

 
Very nice pumps, it also seems like the quality is getting better (very few threads complaining about them)
 
Very nice pumps, it also seems like the quality is getting better (very few threads complaining about them)


Well i hope i dont have any problems with it in the near future!!
 
Do regular maintenance on the wet side ie... vinegar soaks. to make sure the prop turns freely without any resistance. Wont be long and you will be getting your second. I have 2 MP 40 and 1 MP20 in my sps predominate 90 gal. Learned about frequent maintenance on the wet side the hard way. Congratulations! Al
 
Congrats! I added a second one when I upgraded. Love them. Plus with two, it's no biggie to clean the wetside one at a time, without leaving your tank flowless :)
 
Do regular maintenance on the wet side ie... vinegar soaks. to make sure the prop turns freely without any resistance. Wont be long and you will be getting your second. I have 2 MP 40 and 1 MP20 in my sps predominate 90 gal. Learned about frequent maintenance on the wet side the hard way. Congratulations! Al

So when you say regular cleaning what is that? once, twice a month, weekly?? My tank tends not to grow too much coraline.
 
I just make it a habit to do this routine when I do my weekly water changes. While I am changing the water in the tank, the wet side is soaking in vinegar in a tupperware. With 1 vortech, won't take you any added time at all and keeps it clean looking. No algae or coralline. Prop and magnet continues to spin freely. Hope this helps. Al
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top