Well this is no good... (warning! wp-25 discussion ahead)

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
2,103
Reaction score
216
Location
Albert lea, MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a local vendor in our club had a group buy going for the wp25/40's, and he just posted this info...

Hello everyone,

We we have received a letter for a patent violation on the Jebao pumps and their design. Everyone at this time in the US has been ordered to cease and desist all sales and orders on the Jebao pumps including the import into the US.



Thanks again everyone and we will keep you posted!



Anyone else hear any specific info on this? I wonder which company's patent they (allegedly) violated? It's a bummer either way...
 
Patent suit? I didn't know that Apple made wave pumps.

LoL

I will have to look around. I just won a mp10 and was going to trade for a buddies wp40. May have to trade if I can not buy.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2
 
Patent suit? I didn't know that Apple made wave pumps.

LoL

I will have to look around. I just won a mp10 and was going to trade for a buddies wp40. May have to trade if I can not buy.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

You are getting a terrible deal there, hope you're getting a lot more than just that powerhead in that trade.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
Lol, definitely going for trade plus cash, but thank you for the feedback.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2
 
It would be interesting to read what patent was violated and who called them out... They resemble Tunze powerheads, but they are different enough I would think to avoid this... If anyone has info, please share.
 
Do we have a link to the info? I would like to read about it if someone has some good info.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
I for one had a GB going and all communication has ceased. Still trying to find out what is going on. (???)


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
So You Can
KEEP CALM AND REEF ON!!
 
Just found this on this site:

http://www.tcmas.org/v4/forums/showthread.php?52337-GB-Jebao-WP25-and-WP40-UPDATED-READ-PLZ/page4

UPDATE EVEYONE PLZ READ!!
Hello everyone,

We we have received a letter for a patent violation on the Jebao pumps and their design. Everyone at this time in the US has been ordered to cease and desist all sales and orders on the Jebao pumps including the import into the US.

So what does this mean for our GB?

Well the GB is officially over as of today, and no new orders will be allowed. We will attempt to fulfill the orders for the pumps as we have the pumps on order. If for some reason the pumps do not arrive to us, we will then have to issue refunds for everyone that purchased the pumps. We will do everything we can to fulfill the orders that everyone has placed, however any orders placed after 5/22/13 will be canceled and refunded.

The pumps have already been removed from our site.

As stated above we will issue refunds to everyone if for some reason we are not able to get the pumps in. We should know more on that hopefully by the end of the week.

Thanks again everyone and we will keep you posted!


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
FYI and for what it's worth, the Jebao website still has the WP40 visible and in the company news section there is no announcement of issue ( not that they would but enh ;) )


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
So You Can
KEEP CALM AND REEF ON!!
 
The warning was send to US retailers from what I have found so far. Also supposed to stop importing them, so nothing stopping China from selling, just can't come through customs.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2
 
Hopefully we can get some truth behind this.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
So a local vendor in our club had a group buy going for the wp25/40's, and he just posted this info...

Hello everyone,

We we have received a letter for a patent violation on the Jebao pumps and their design. Everyone at this time in the US has been ordered to cease and desist all sales and orders on the Jebao pumps including the import into the US.



Thanks again everyone and we will keep you posted!



Anyone else hear any specific info on this? I wonder which company's patent they (allegedly) violated? It's a bummer either way...

I personally know of one company that has gotten this letter and I have heard of another, so 2 confirmed cases.
The letter was from Tunze and stated too many design similarities.
 
I personally know of one company that has gotten this letter and I have heard of another, so 2 confirmed cases.
The letter was from Tunze and stated too many design similarities.

I don't blame Tunze at all if this is the case. Come up with your own pump design.
 
Personally I would like to see a copy of this from the US attorneys office or patent office. Patents have a lifespan and eventually run out and the device becomes public domain. Not sure when Tunze filed theirs but they ahve been around for many many years. Not that I agree with stealing ideas or cloning something someone has rights to but it would be nice to hear "The Rest of the Story". I am one of those who has both a WP25 and WP-40 reserved and paid for and I would really like to receive them for testing. From what I have seen and heard there are enough differences between these and Tunze or any of the other manufacturers to beat a patent infringement case but it may drag out for a long time proving it.

Did Tunze send the letter or someone in authority, that is the question?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top