What’s on my cleaner shrimp

Glenng78

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2016
Messages
344
Reaction score
71
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a skunk cleaner shrimp, and have noticed a large yellowish disc on his body. It almost looks likes some type of calcified growth. Any idea ?
sorry for the poor lighting

433E8AF3-A8ED-499D-93BF-158F7E9F727C.jpeg
 
Hard to tell exactly by the picture. But, has the shrimp molted recently? If he is acting normally, then I would monitor him and see if it goes away after he molts again.
 
It’s been there ever since his last molt. I don’t remember when that was , probably a month or so
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top