What’s on my Trachyphyllia

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tofer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Tofer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2017
Messages
280
Reaction score
466
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was working on in the tank today and moved my Trachyphyllia and noticed this on the base that was on the sand . Looking for what this is and is this going to be an issue?

42890858-58CF-4BD1-A39C-C9FACA08D387.jpeg
 
Do you see long sweepers coming from them at night?

It looks like something both my trachys had, although not that many. I believe they were a type of jellyfish or something. If they are, they're harmless to your trachyphyllia, but might agitate other corals.
 
Hard to tell, to me it looks like the guts coming out the side. But I’ve never seen my trachys do that.
 
Do you see long sweepers coming from them at night?

It looks like something both my trachys had, although not that many. I believe they were a type of jellyfish or something. If they are, they're harmless to your trachyphyllia, but might agitate other corals.
I will have to check for sweeper after lights go out .
 
from the base ?
Can't say I have ever seen it from my Trachy but then again I don't look under them often and they are usually pretty laid out over the sand. From my experience LPS can send out their filaments through their body in any location they want. I sometimes see it from new additions that might have a little damaged tissue. Maybe the sand scratched the flesh a little and it's just responding to it?
 
oh.. No I don't think it's an issue. Guess it would be a good idea to just keep an eye on it to make sure there is no damaged flesh there.
Thanks ! will keep an eye on it . Color is still great just not a inflated as normal. target feed tonight ate no problem .
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top