What’s on my zoa!?

I am in the final stages of battling these pests. It took quite a few fresh water dips and peroxide/water dips. also a pair of yellow wrasse.(Halichoeres chrysus)
 
I am in the final stages of battling these pests. It took quite a few fresh water dips and peroxide/water dips. also a pair of yellow wrasse.(Halichoeres chrysus)

Any insight if leopard wrasses would perform a similar job? So I need to do all frags or just the infected colony (have ten frags that look clean).

ThAnks
 
Any insight if leopard wrasses would perform a similar job? So I need to do all frags or just the infected colony (have ten frags that look clean).

ThAnks
I did all mine except for what was glued down. i haven't found any in a while but if i see any of my zoas looking "sad" i pull them out and dip. I am no wrasse expert, I researched which wrasses were best for nudis and made my decision from there. i have read in other forums that the leopard wrasse may hunt them.
 
Do you peroxide dip or use like revive dip
 
I’m thinking of just using cool RO water... anyone know how long? Zoa’s are about the only thing that can do a fresh bath. I figure that should nuke any hatched ones.

Leopard pair going in in a week or so
 
I never did either a h2o2 or ro dip but id' imagine the drug store brown bottle peroxide with tank water aught to be safer
 
I’m thinking of just using cool RO water... anyone know how long? Zoa’s are about the only thing that can do a fresh bath. I figure that should nuke any hatched ones.

Leopard pair going in in a week or so
for fresh water dip use rodi water. for peroxide dip i just use saltwater from the tank. then pour hydrogen peroxide from the store into the bowl slowly until I see a small amount of bubbles coming from under the zoas.
 
I’m thinking of just using cool RO water... anyone know how long? Zoa’s are about the only thing that can do a fresh bath. I figure that should nuke any hatched ones.

Leopard pair going in in a week or so
i do it for about 5-10 mins. peroxide dip will nuke all of them except for eggs. also do every new zoa before you put them in.
 
I did the cool RO water for about 10. Maybe 4 large ones fell off. Lots and lots of very tiny, almost flatworm looking things (could be babies but don’t really look like adults). Zoa colony is letting thick brown stuff out in the display now. Guessing it didn’t love the RO dip.
 
My zoa colony still looks awful from the dip, is that normal?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top