What’s the best way to acclimate multiple fish?

leo12345

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2022
Messages
477
Reaction score
140
Location
Austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 5 fish and I’m wondering what’s the best way to acclimate all of them at the same time, one thing to note is that all fish are hardy and don’t need any special acclimation.
 
I personally would drip line them depending on the species because if they are tangs they will do just fine with a 20 minute bag float. I just had to acclimate my pet bamboo shark into my 180 gallon after he hatched and I took no cautions and let him drip line for 1 and a half hours.
 
Upvote 0
I personally would drip line them depending on the species because if they are tangs they will do just fine with a 20 minute bag float. I just had to acclimate my pet bamboo shark into my 180 gallon after he hatched and I took no cautions and let him drip line for 1 and a half hours.
I only have one drip line that I could maybe spit in two for two lines but that’s all I have
 
Upvote 0
I ordered 5 fish and I’m wondering what’s the best way to acclimate all of them at the same time, one thing to note is that all fish are hardy and don’t need any special acclimation.
You say you ordered the fish... Does this mean they are being shipped to you? If so, follow the seller's acclimation instructions as they are often different from the way you'd acclimate something you brought home from the store.
As for the multiple fish, if there's a reason to do a slow acclimation, as long as the bags have the same salinity and pH, you could just combine them and acclimate several fish together.

Are you planning to quarantine?
 
Upvote 0
You say you ordered the fish... Does this mean they are being shipped to you? If so, follow the seller's acclimation instructions as they are often different from the way you'd acclimate something you brought home from the store.
As for the multiple fish, if there's a reason to do a slow acclimation, as long as the bags have the same salinity and pH, you could just combine them and acclimate several fish together.

Are you planning to quarantine?
Its all on their website, thanks!
 
Upvote 0
If I understand you right. What I would do is to float the bags for 15-20 minutes. Empty these bags out in a 5 gallons bucket and start your dripping
 
Upvote 0
I usually see fish stores float the bags, put all in one container, drip and release. I'd probably do the same.
 
Upvote 0
If I understand you right. What I would do is to float the bags for 15-20 minutes. Empty these bags out in a 5 gallons bucket and start your dripping

I usually see fish stores float the bags, put all in one container, drip and release. I'd probably do the same.

It's always best to follow the vendor's acclimation instructions... And take pictures along the way in case the fish doesn't make it; if they have a guarantee, you'll need to prove you did things the way they told you to.
 
Upvote 0
It's always best to follow the vendor's acclimation instructions... And take pictures along the way in case the fish doesn't make it; if they have a guarantee, you'll need to prove you did things the way they told you to.
That's a good point and I completely agree.
 
Upvote 0

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top