What’s the difference between conditioned and quarantined dr reefs

fishywishy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2022
Messages
817
Reaction score
718
Location
Nunya business
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to know the difference between conditioned and quarantined fish in dr reefs online store? also if anyone knows if the coral beauty’s on there are captive bred that would be great too.
 
If you read this entire page you will have all your answers
 
Upvote 0
If you read this entire page you will have all your answers
Do you by any chance know if the fish are pre quarantined or do i have to wait for them to quarantine them before i get them
 
Upvote 0
Do you by any chance know if the fish are pre quarantined or do i have to wait for them to quarantine them before i get them
Depends on the availability. I’m not saying it’s the norm all the time but I ordered in October of 2021 and received my fish in like March of 2022. Many others had the same experience around that time last year. I’m sure if you inquire on the site you can get a more up to date estimate.
 
Upvote 0
Just buy your coral beauty straight from Biota. I have never heard of a fish straight from biota having any disease other than HLLE(but they have pretty much fixed that). I have a coral beauty(2 years old now) and a yellow tang( had about 2 months now) straight from Biota and I put them straight into my display tank. No diseases. Both are doing great.
 
Upvote 0
Just buy your coral beauty straight from Biota. I have never heard of a fish straight from biota having any disease other than HLLE(but they have pretty much fixed that). I have a coral beauty(2 years old now) and a yellow tang( had about 2 months now) straight from Biota and I put them straight into my display tank. No diseases. Both are doing great.
I wanted too but there out of stock, ill just wait then.
 
Upvote 0
They come back into stock pretty quick. Biota now wants $80.00 for shipping unless you spend $200.00 or more then it's free. Start looking at what else you might want from them. I still kick myself now and then for not buying more than 1 coral beauty. If I had I would of had a "mated" pair by now. A few years back I bought 3 yellow tailed damsels. One turned to a male( the biggest one) the other 2 are females. The females stay on opposite sides of the tank from each other, both "fill up" with eggs at the same time and take turns going into the males cave(one after the other) to lay eggs.
 
Upvote 0
They come back into stock pretty quick. Biota now wants $80.00 for shipping unless you spend $200.00 or more then it's free. Start looking at what else you might want from them. I still kick myself now and then for not buying more than 1 coral beauty. If I had I would of had a "mated" pair by now. A few years back I bought 3 yellow tailed damsels. One turned to a male( the biggest one) the other 2 are females. The females stay on opposite sides of the tank from each other, both "fill up" with eggs at the same time and take turns going into the males cave(one after the other) to lay eggs.
That’s very romantic :)
 
Upvote 0
If you read this entire page you will have all your answers
08B077F7-809E-478B-BBE2-78284CDC5EA3.gif
 
Upvote 0
There are several issues trying to buy from Biota directly. Getting to $250 to get free shipping is very hard if not impossable. Every time i looked (including today) way less than 50% of the fish they list are actually available. I have considered placing orders with them many times. But could never come close the the free shipping due to limited availability. There prices are high. Higher then the lfs sells Biota fish for. That i am a bit confused by. My guess is they have priced their fish high on there site, as they really don't want to deal with consumer's. So the price things high. Also it aloows them to give the LFS that buy from them a percived bigger discount. While the lfs meed to be competive, so they are being more realistic on their markups.
Even when i worked in the business selling hundreds of saltwater fish a day, we could not justify ordering from Biota due to very limiter availability.
I like to encourage captive breading of as many saltwater fish7as possible. So far the numbers just aren't there unless you want clpwn fish.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
They come back into stock pretty quick. Biota now wants $80.00 for shipping unless you spend $200.00 or more then it's free. Start looking at what else you might want from them. I still kick myself now and then for not buying more than 1 coral beauty. If I had I would of had a "mated" pair by now. A few years back I bought 3 yellow tailed damsels. One turned to a male( the biggest one) the other 2 are females. The females stay on opposite sides of the tank from each other, both "fill up" with eggs at the same time and take turns going into the males cave(one after the other) to lay eggs.
Ok, thanks :)
 
Upvote 0
You can also see if your LFS is going to put an order in with Biota. They can probably order the fish you want with their shipment and save you some money and will make a profit.
 
Upvote 0
You can also see if your LFS is going to put an order in with Biota. They can probably order the fish you want with their shipment and save you some money and will make a profit.
Didn’t think about that, thanks.
 
Upvote 0
They come back into stock pretty quick. Biota now wants $80.00 for shipping unless you spend $200.00 or more then it's free. Start looking at what else you might want from them. I still kick myself now and then for not buying more than 1 coral beauty. If I had I would of had a "mated" pair by now. A few years back I bought 3 yellow tailed damsels. One turned to a male( the biggest one) the other 2 are females. The females stay on opposite sides of the tank from each other, both "fill up" with eggs at the same time and take turns going into the males cave(one after the other) to lay eggs.
Do you know if they still do 200$ for free shipping or is it more now?
 
Upvote 0

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top