What’s this in my filter chamber?

mdpitts

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2023
Messages
398
Reaction score
416
Location
Austin, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning folks. I was cleaning my tank last night and pulled out the filter basket to rinse out some filter pads and noticed this alien in the bottom frame. It’s a little chunky and looks like it’s spreading. I haven’t seen this in my tank and I’m wondering if I should hit it with a flamethrower or leave it alone. What is it? Thanks for taking a look.

IMG_2168.png IMG_2164.jpeg
 
Yep, the walls over your chambers will eventually be covered in all kinds of growth like that. lol
Ohhhhhh, hmmm. I'm gonna start looking at that whole back area of my Fluval Evo 13 with apprehension. Last week my ginormous bristle worm was back there and now this alien looking sponge. I guess I can console myself it's not a praying mantis or scorpion. Or tarantula or walking stick. :confounded-face:
 
Yep, the walls over your chambers will eventually be covered in all kinds of growth like that. lol
Also, I just checked out your Etsy store. I LOVE your art! I favorited your shop.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top