What’s this stuff? Week 3 fishless cycling

Every one who uses dr. Tims always has false reading for ammonia. If you have diatoms it is cycled. Like he said 100 % rodi water change and add a fish . Let's get this party started.
I just just tested about 20 tanks over the last 2 months. Dr Tims 'overdoses ammonia' - based on their recommendations - the tests themselves are not correct. the truth of the matter is - that the amount of free ammonia at pH 8 - is quite small if there is an elevated reading. Which IMHO does not make it a 'false reading'.
 
I have a 125 gallon reef . I started it with Dr.Tims one and only . I put a large bottle in and the next day 13 fish two have died over the last year. I believe that a green chomis was sick when I got him and nasso tang I could not get to eat. He lasted 10 days but the rest are very healthy.
There are people that use Dr Tim's ammonia - along with Dr. Tim's bacteria - and others. I agree with in general - if you follow the instructions - You will not have a problem. Many people do not. Either in the bacteria - nor the testing
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top