What’s up with this bhergia?

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2015
Messages
1,673
Reaction score
834
Location
Arizona
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I honestly thought all my berghia nudis were dead, haven’t seen them since I put them in months ago. I still have a massive infestation of Aiptasia that hasn’t seemed to be getting any better.

Saw this one for the first time today that has some kind of slime/string coming off it. Looks like it’s little “spikes” attached to the slime and one is twitching. Any idea what’s going on here?

4C360855-29BB-49B8-8A7C-4879FB3EC896.jpeg
 
So I honestly thought all my berghia nudis were dead, haven’t seen them since I put them in months ago. I still have a massive infestation of Aiptasia that hasn’t seemed to be getting any better.

Saw this one for the first time today that has some kind of slime/string coming off it. Looks like it’s little “spikes” attached to the slime and one is twitching. Any idea what’s going on here?

4C360855-29BB-49B8-8A7C-4879FB3EC896.jpeg
Stand by. Im contacting Ryan heathman, the owner of Salty Underground. He breeds them. Should have something for u by tonight. Depends on his reply time. Hang tight.
 
Interested to find out as well ... I put 5 in my tank last week from Salty Underground and never saw them again ... made their way into a tunnel and that was a wrap ! Still unfortunately seeing all my Aiptasia ... I guess I just need to be patient
 
Interested to find out as well ... I put 5 in my tank last week from Salty Underground and never saw them again ... made their way into a tunnel and that was a wrap ! Still unfortunately seeing all my Aiptasia ... I guess I just need to be patient
Took about 3 weeks before i started seeing my aips go after introduction of the bergs. Its gonna happen. Give it a few weeks
 
That is not coming from the Berghia, that is the web of a vermited (spelling) snail. They will send out the web to collect food and draw it back in to eat. Get rid of it or it will spread
 
As the poster above me said, that is a vermintide snail. Many on here find them as a pest, many also dont, it just depends who you ask. They can bug some more sensitive corals, otherwise they can be good for eating excess food.
Id kill it before it spreads, but if you don't it's not like your tank will crash haha.
 
Probably dying, they do lose they’re scales/spikes and melt wend they reach a certain age. They don’t have a long life span.
 
That is not coming from the Berghia, that is the web of a vermited (spelling) snail. They will send out the web to collect food and draw it back in to eat. Get rid of it or it will spread
Wow the thought never even crossed my mind. Whatever the verm has snagged looks so close to the feathers from a berghia that i never looked a second time closer. Thats hilarious. Thanks for solving the mystery. ;Eggonface
 
Interested to find out as well ... I put 5 in my tank last week from Salty Underground and never saw them again ... made their way into a tunnel and that was a wrap ! Still unfortunately seeing all my Aiptasia ... I guess I just need to be patient
I had aiptasia before. I bought me some also. About 5 of them. Never to see them again. Didn’t give me a choice but to restart my tank. I mean everything had to be thrown away. Except the fish of course. This is 6 months later.

FC26A63C-1D40-4325-81E7-322090A27C0D.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top