What’s wrong with my Garf Bonsai acro

  • Thread starter Thread starter USMA36
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
476
Location
Northeast PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t figure out what my issue is with this Garf Bonsai. It’s grey in color. Very few green polyps visible. I loved it from 300par down to 150 thinking it was getting blasted. That was 2 months ago. Still won’t color up. Seems to be getting slowly worse. 9 dkh nitrates 2-5 depending on the day Po4 .07. All my other acros are nice and colored up. Just this guy is giving me problems. Any thoughts?

2933F856-BF90-4F48-AF21-15192CFDB885.jpeg C5F9D003-A13C-40B1-8DA7-4625AA39EE43.jpeg
 
temp? salinity? nitrate might be too low for that high of po4.
 
Temp 78 salinity 1.025. Icp testing done every 6 weeks. Everything is where it should be.
 
Try blowing the coral with a turkey baster, see what comes off the Bonsai.
Hopefully it's not flatworms
 
Everything else looks great.
I was really encouraged a good number of years ago when one of my favorite reefing YouTube stars said he couldn’t grow an Oregon Tort for the life of him!!! I had one growing quite well. It taught me that every tank is different and you just have to find out what grows and thrives for you
 
No bugs that I can see. Looked with magnifying glass at night with flow off. Flesh looks okay to me.
 

Attachments

  • 58F0C4D7-2BF3-453E-AB66-469603A28F5D.jpeg
    58F0C4D7-2BF3-453E-AB66-469603A28F5D.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 6DCBF3D2-2E47-4B24-AE95-E5D74480A5A6.jpeg
    6DCBF3D2-2E47-4B24-AE95-E5D74480A5A6.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 44
Sometimes acros get ticked off and will just sulk for a long time. If all the other sps are doing fine, just stay the course. You might try fragging a piece and move it to another spot in the tank.
 
Is it still at 150 PAR? That seems very low to me. Mine is around 325 or so in high flow.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top