What’s wrong with my red monti cap?

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2018
Messages
3,827
Reaction score
3,762
What state or country do you live in
North Dakota
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Don’t know if it was there before I bought it but I noticed it’s few days ago. Bought it like 2 weeks ago.

I can see some discoloration around it too. What I’m I dealing with ? Pest ? Or water params?

Here’s my params , been doing testing nightly since dosing 2 part .

79C0198B-F8AD-476F-9F83-CC4CE6018008.png


42C88F28-0D49-40D1-B273-E2674F5082BB.jpeg
 
Any corals near it(within 10 inches or so) like a torch
Or any hydroid?
 
Well the anemone could have also caused that mark.
 
lol, my RBTA is whimp. Hasn’t moved from that spot since the 2nd day he’s been in the there. My cleaner shrimp even harrases it .
 
my red monti cap (which is highest in the tank) did that after a rogue piece of salt creep fell on it while cleaning the return nozzles... it was a very tiny piece and I blew it off the cap with a turkey baster. the next day a spot like that was on the cap but after a day or two it was back to normal.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top