What’s your average monthly upkeep cost?

My 180g with a 70g frag system (currently 2 separate tanks).

Monthly big expenses
DI resin ~$7 (1 every 2 months)
Salt ~ $15 ( 1gpd awc)
Electricity ~$50
Trident reagents $10
Trident NP reagents $30
Food ~$20
Alk ~$5
Cal ~$5
Mag ~$3

So overall with some minor things im missing around $150. I have the tridents because I travel a lot so it makes me feel better being able to track it.
 
Cheaper than golf; cheaper than attending a professional sports event; cheaper than a popular artist’s concert; and many other things. It’s all relative.

This is a very good point. People spend a lot of money on discretionary things like concerts, sporting events, going out to eat etc. These things can add up to hundreds of dollars each month. For some, spending $100-200.00 on monthly maintenance might mean cutting back on other things.
 
I would say this hobby is relatively cheap per month compared to what I see friend and family spend on their hobbies.
 
I would say this hobby is relatively cheap per month compared to what I see friend and family spend on their hobbies.
You certainly got that right. I also have a Jeep, a boat, a '69 El Camino and a Harley. I don't keep track of expenses on those either. :face-with-spiral-eyes:
 
I would say this hobby is relatively cheap per month compared to what I see friend and family spend on their hobbies.
Keeping a reef is my cheapest hobby, but it’s the only hobby I have that has monthly recurring costs and consumes time no matter what.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top