What 3D printed stuff do you wish your LFS carried?

I would love to see skimmer carbon bag holders. Slapping a bag of carbon on the skimmer works but a 3d printed ring/bucket would be nice. In general I think a LFS could put a 3d printer to good use as they would not have to carry individual models and could just print on demand. Shipping some of the products kills the value for the consumer. I also am a sucker for sea urchin hats but I don’t know how well they would sell….
 
I don't know what I'd have them carry...but personally, I want a (nice, not plasticky looking) empty treasure chest that I can put engraved heart shaped stones in that have each of my loved ones' names on them. <3
 
I would love to see skimmer carbon bag holders. Slapping a bag of carbon on the skimmer works but a 3d printed ring/bucket would be nice. In general I think a LFS could put a 3d printer to good use as they would not have to carry individual models and could just print on demand. Shipping some of the products kills the value for the consumer. I also am a sucker for sea urchin hats but I don’t know how well they would sell….
haha. Actually that's something the guys at the LFS asked for specifically... urchin hats...
I think I released a stink sink (carbon on top of skimmer) on Thingiverse awhile ago:
It'd be easy to scale for whatever skimmer you have. If you want, I can scale it for your skimmer and sell you a print of it.
pm me the top diameter of your skimmer and we can go from there.
 
I don't know what I'd have them carry...but personally, I want a (nice, not plasticky looking) empty treasure chest that I can put engraved heart shaped stones in that have each of my loved ones' names on them. <3
anything here jump out at you?
I don't try to markup on random thingiverse prints if you just want something printed from Thingiverse PM me and I'll guestimate a reasonable price for the filament/time/power/shipping.
Or I am sure @neon_reefer or @chemisfun11 could print it for you (probably better quality)
 
Ohhh wait, you know what would be an extremely helpful item? Trays for different brands' test kits that can hold the vials in place. When I was using the Red Sea tests, I kept having to redo certain ones because I was knocking the vials over partway through by accident. @_@ EDIT: Or even...just...little vial stands...
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top