What a Neon Cabbage Leather looks like when it molts

RubyU235

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2022
Messages
447
Reaction score
476
Location
San Antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I’d post what it looks like when the WWC Neon Cabbage Leather looks like when it molts.

85B8F515-2DFC-4ADB-99D5-75504EFBFEC8.jpeg


738EBFCB-45B0-4C99-ADDB-2A71D342BAE5.jpeg

The first time it did it I couldn’t find a photo of what it looked like. I’ll update this thread when it sheds.

Right now what you’re seeing is the waxy skin it will be shedding in about a day. It gets very shiny and the polyps retract. It almost looks like it’s melting.

It does this for two reasons, it can be a growth response or stress response.

when it’s complete I fish out the waxy skin so it doesn’t end up in my pumps. You can wave some water past it when it starts to sepa
 
Just thought I’d post what it looks like when the WWC Neon Cabbage Leather looks like when it molts.

85B8F515-2DFC-4ADB-99D5-75504EFBFEC8.jpeg


738EBFCB-45B0-4C99-ADDB-2A71D342BAE5.jpeg

The first time it did it I couldn’t find a photo of what it looked like. I’ll update this thread when it sheds.

Right now what you’re seeing is the waxy skin it will be shedding in about a day. It gets very shiny and the polyps retract. It almost looks like it’s melting.

It does this for two reasons, it can be a growth response or stress response.

when it’s complete I fish out the waxy skin so it doesn’t end up in my pumps. You can wave some water past it when it starts to sepa
Glad to see this. Picking up a “frag” about 5-6” from a local reefer soon so good to know
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top