What are some cool decorations for my tank?

cabinet pumper123

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2023
Messages
78
Reaction score
30
Location
4567 cuba 3
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a small tank not too large, and im looking for some decorations, any in mind?
 
This get up has macro algae, a starfish, plankton, and sponges. Seems like a good place to start.

OIP (3).jpeg
 
we don’t really use decorations with saltwater tanks. Or rather, we add corals to our tanks to decorate them.

Just politely asking, what is your intention in this hobby? Have you done any reading about saltwater tanks?
 
we don’t really use decorations with saltwater tanks. Or rather, we add corals to our tanks to decorate them.

Just politely asking, what is your intention in this hobby? Have you done any reading about saltwater tanks?
well, i'm a little new to aquariums, not sure what to put or not. Do you recommend Corals?
 
wow that is beautiful, how many Gallons? Realyl hope i can get one to be like that
Read read read read read. Research is your friend. Don't look for the reasons to put something into your tank. Find the reasons why you shouldn't and decide if you can deal with or handle those situations.

And for the love of all the is good. Please, don't buy livestock until you are absolutely certain your tank is ready for that specific life form.

It's a daunting hobby at times. That makes it extremely rewarding. You landed in the right place for research and help. There are some wise-***** here (hello, I'm Townes), but there is a ton of information and a large number of extremely helpful, intelligent, and informed posters.
 
well, i'm a little new to aquariums, not sure what to put or not. Do you recommend Corals?
I would really suggest to google how to build a saltwater aquarium. It’s so important to do just a little bit of reading before buying and killing fish. Corals are not easy. Not to scare you but it’s not a simple hobby, it’s not difficult either, but requires some knowledge and preparation. And a lot of money.
 
I would really suggest to google how to build a saltwater aquarium. It’s so important to do just a little bit of reading before buying and killing fish. Corals are not easy. Not to scare you but it’s not a simple hobby, it’s not difficult either, but requires some knowledge and preparation. And a lot of money.
hmmm so getting a tank from petco wasnt the best option?
 
Read read read read read. Research is your friend. Don't look for the reasons to put something into your tank. Find the reasons why you shouldn't and decide if you can deal with or handle those situations.

And for the love of all the is good. Please, don't buy livestock until you are absolutely certain your tank is ready for that specific life form.

It's a daunting hobby at times. That makes it extremely rewarding. You landed in the right place for research and help. There are some wise-***** here (hello, I'm Townes), but there is a ton of information and a large number of extremely helpful, intelligent, and informed posters.
ok i'll try my best to see what enviornment clown fishes could live in
 
hmmm so getting a tank from petco wasnt the best option?
A reef tank is a beautiful thing to have in a home, you shouldn’t regret it. Just do a little reading. If you are opposed to reading, they have lots of videos these days. I suppose one of the more popular ones is the BRS 52 weeks of reefing (that’s what I think it’s called…). It’s basically 52 short 5 minute videos.

Like I said it’s hard but it’s not hard. Just takes a little prep.
 
oh, and don't get clownfish... :face-with-rolling-eyes:
Extra this. Down the road you will wish you hadn't. But I digress on this. It's personal preference.

Just know, I have two tanks.one that I want to run and one that I have to run. The one I have to run is because of a clown. She lives alone. She has to. Ask me and I'll PM some pictures of her full moon behaviors.
 
Best “decorations” for saltwater tanks are live rock and corals! Not like the weird stuff freshwater tanks have lol. Those kinds look tacky in saltwater in my opinion, detracts from the fish and their colors!
 
I will say thou, getting corals as decorations is a bad idea. They are not there to just be there. They require a lot of work and additional equipment. They are far more challenging than many popular fish out there.
 
Just got a small tank not too large, and im looking for some decorations, any in mind?
Coral.
Seriously tho as already stated do some research and go very slowly. Not sure of your background but this is nothing like freshwater. Also nothing "fake" goes into my reef tanks. I'm more afraid of something leaching out not so much against the looks.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top