What are some super peaceful coral

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2021
Messages
3,333
Reaction score
2,712
Location
vancouver BC
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i want some coral with my store credit That are super peaceful that I won't be scared of it stinging other things. Nothing like frogspawn that attack but something calm with no form of weaponized stingers. What could I get
 
Didn't know certain corals were rowdy and disorderly

Acans, zoas
 
Duncans, clove polyps, blastomussa, micro lords, zoanthids, turbinaria (the larger polyped variety that is suspected to be in the Duncanopsammia genus), and candy canes are a few that come to mind. So long as all the LPS on this list aren’t touching anything else and have at least a centimeter of clearance, they won’t usually go the attack, the softies mentioned are slightly capable of chemical warfare but they won’t dissolve corals overnight, if there’s an issue it’ll be a slow decline. Most softies can touch each other without much issue, mushrooms being the most aggressive/most sting happy, but even then they aren’t too bad with most softies (I’ve got Zoanthids, cloves, a Kenya tree, and some Rhodactis mushrooms in a clump all touching each other, and they’re all super happy, extended, and growing).
 
Duncans, clove polyps, blastomussa, micro lords, zoanthids, turbinaria (the larger polyped variety that is suspected to be in the Duncanopsammia genus), and candy canes are a few that come to mind. So long as all the LPS on this list aren’t touching anything else and have at least a centimeter of clearance, they won’t usually go the attack, the softies mentioned are slightly capable of chemical warfare but they won’t dissolve corals overnight, if there’s an issue it’ll be a slow decline. Most softies can touch each other without much issue, mushrooms being the most aggressive/most sting happy, but even then they aren’t too bad with most softies (I’ve got Zoanthids, cloves, a Kenya tree, and some Rhodactis mushrooms in a clump all touching each other, and they’re all super happy, extended, and growing)
I want Clove polyps and acan lords in and about my zoas. Would It be ok?
 
I want Clove polyps and acan lords in and about my zoas. Would It be ok?
Clove Polyps, yes! Acans, I’m not sure.

Note: Some higher end Zoas are very sensitive and may not tolerate them as well. It is also likely that the Clove Polyps will outgrow the Zoas, and take over, in time.
 
Nothing. All corals will fight. All corals will get bigger and try to take over other corals. It's nature.

Xenia and GSP will take over the rock and kill everything in it's path. Zoas and mushrooms will do the same.
Mushrooms have some of the strongest sting. Chalice and favias have long stingers. Acans has short stingers but still can be aggressive as they get bigger and get close to other corals. You already mentioned frogspawn, hammer, torches. Monti and leptos will encrust. Acros will encrust.

Coral warfare is part of the hobby. Your best bet is to place same species together so they play nice.
 
Nothing. All corals will fight. All corals will get bigger and try to take over other corals. It's nature.

Xenia and GSP will take over the rock and kill everything in it's path. Zoas and mushrooms will do the same.
Mushrooms have some of the strongest sting. Chalice and favias have long stingers. Acans has short stingers but still can be aggressive as they get bigger and get close to other corals. You already mentioned frogspawn, hammer, torches. Monti and leptos will encrust. Acros will encrust.

Coral warfare is part of the hobby. Your best bet is to place same species together so they play nice.
I know this. BUT My LFS has a softie rock in their tank with EVERYTHING including a gmk zoa so I was curious
 
Cloves and zoa are a beautiful thing.
 

Attachments

  • B41BAFA7-CF3A-4175-A597-63CFBB700080.jpeg
    B41BAFA7-CF3A-4175-A597-63CFBB700080.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 59

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top