What are the round dots appearing on my rocks

Amtrack5899

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2020
Messages
100
Reaction score
24
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have an idea what the round dots are appearing on my rocks. Some are on the mushroom frag and several on the rock to the right of the mushroom frag . I also have some on the back glass. The pictures make them look blue but in reality they are more milkish white in color and appear to be more of a bump or growth. I have some coralline algae growing but that is flatter in appearance. The tank is 120 gallons and approximately 9 months old.

197B616E-369D-450A-9869-1F51D0AE4CC9.jpeg 460D10B5-B4A7-4D8D-A7BF-FDB3D5E22EEF.jpeg
 
Tooooooooo blue to tell
 
This should be a better picture.
 

Attachments

  • 3463B0CB-F9C1-4396-8A55-A975F7D22A01.jpeg
    3463B0CB-F9C1-4396-8A55-A975F7D22A01.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 92
Snail eggs, they are good. Mine lay tons of them all over the rocks and corals.
 

Attachments

  • DD750DCD-C3EB-4AAA-9385-DBA94CF60C63.jpeg
    DD750DCD-C3EB-4AAA-9385-DBA94CF60C63.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 82
Nerite snail eggs. Nerite snails scatter their eggs all around the tank, and stick eggs to everything inside the tank. They only lay one egg at the time, and these eggs won’t hatch in your tank as the eggs need brackish to hatch.
 
Last edited:
Snail eggs I think. I get them all over too. Following incase I'm wrong
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top