What are these green spots on glass

  • Thread starter Thread starter KSum89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

KSum89

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2011
Messages
89
Reaction score
1
Location
Murfreesboro, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had about 2 of them now theres a few more small spots on the front glass inside the aquarium. My mag float wont scratch it off and when i try to scrape it off with my fingers that wont work either. What is it and what causes it?? Its greenish yellow & im sure its not hair algae.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311449741.416721.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hard to tell from the pic, but I think it's just a green type of algae that can grow on the glass. And you're right, most magfloats will not get it. It will come off easily with a razor blade (or blade attachment with your magfloat). It's common though.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top