What are these white dots on my tang?? ):

  • Thread starter Thread starter BG107
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

BG107

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2020
Messages
157
Reaction score
65
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is eating a lot, but he only eat mysis and brine. He refused to eat any algae or seaweed, except from the rocks. Is this possibly ich??? I cannot put him in my qt/hospital tank since I have another fish that is being treated for internal parasites right now.

View recent photos.jpg
 
From here, it doesn't really look like ich to me. But, that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a pathogen of some kind. Maybe flukes, or maybe lymphocystis (although that usually shows up on the fins).

Did it go through QT?
 
From here, it doesn't really look like ich to me. But, that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a pathogen of some kind. Maybe flukes, or maybe lymphocystis (although that usually shows up on the fins).

Did it go through QT?
I got him from Divers Den in the LA site. I started my quarantine, but it had to be cut short sadly due to a fish that had a internal parasite. I then transferred the tang to another tank, and used the qt tank for the other fish.
 
Would a fresh water dip help? I have never done one of these before, and I am quite scared of hurting the tang if I attempt to do it.
 
If dots fall off (look like grains of rice) during a fw dip, that would confirm flukes.

I might be tempted to add the tang to the qt and treat with a dip and prazi pro.
 
If dots fall off (look like grains of rice) during a fw dip, that would confirm flukes.

I might be tempted to add the tang to the qt and treat with a dip and prazi pro.
For the freshwater dip do I need to acclimate the tang back to the salinity of the tank after the dip?
 
For the freshwater dip do I need to acclimate the tang back to the salinity of the tank after the dip?

No. But the dip should be the same temp, and close to the same pH, as well as aerated.
 
No. But the dip should be the same temp, and close to the same pH, as well as aerated.
That was the scariest 4 minutes of my life. I did the dip, but at around 3ish minutes his sides started to turn brown/black so I took out at aroun 330-4 minutes. I only saw one white thing come off, but the 2 from the initial picture from this post stayed on. He is swimming around fine and ate but is visually stressed from the dip.
 
Im still new to treatments but not a fan of FW dip. All it seems to do is indicate an issue or not any doesn't seem to be a cure. Pick up prazipro. Ive dosed my angel in a tiny 5 gallon with no ill effects, stuff apparently works wonders for nasty bugs and no real side effects. Just make sure to aerate. My guy is on antibiotics and then a round of coppersafe afterwards. Isnt reefing fun!?
 
If its lympho, the tang will be okay right?
 
Yes. Lymph will go away, provided good water, diet, and low stress.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top