- Joined
- May 9, 2020
- Messages
- 191
- Reaction score
- 216
- What state or country do you live in
- Georgia
I've had mine for about 2 years now. I started him on live black worms in QT. After a few days I started offering Mysis. At first he wouldn't take them but I would skip a couple days feeding and he started to come around, Only after he was eating them well did I enter him into my DT. At first he was shy and couldn't compete with the feeding frenzy, he'd just stay in the back. I would feed the main display to distract them and then target feed him with a baster. After about a week he started to get the idea and now he's first in line. I feed him Mysis and frozen clams on the half shell from the LFS a couple times a week. I occasionally get live clams. I put one of those feeding screens over them with a rubber band or he'll pull the meat out of the shell within seconds and most of it floats off. I also have other fish who will go after clams so in the feeding screen he has the advantage with the snout. I've offered Rod's and other stuff but he doesn't seem interested.
Mine is very curious, if I put my hand in the tank he comes up to it rather than swim away. I was trying to trap a different fish one time and I couldn't keep him out of the trap. Great fish!
Mine is very curious, if I put my hand in the tank he comes up to it rather than swim away. I was trying to trap a different fish one time and I couldn't keep him out of the trap. Great fish!
Assuming you mean introduce the CBB. I had a larger Sailfin in my 220 mixed reef that I relocated to another tank for six weeks just to be safe when I introduced my CBB. When I put him back the CBB was firmly established and the Sailfin never really paid any attention to him. Since then I have added a Convict Tang and the Sailfin let him know who's boss instantly. That only lasted a few days and the Convict is part of the crew now. Tangs are tough though and I'm not sure how the CBB would have faired if he got picked on relentlessly for two or three days. So I'd say remove them if you have somewhere to put them for a few weeks.

