What Causes Brown Jelly Disease? How to Prevent?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kyley
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

kyley

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2010
Messages
446
Reaction score
181
Location
Kansas City
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we know much about what causes this and ways to prevent it? I mean, I know it's a bacterial infection, but I suspect it's in our tanks and the right conditions may arise that cause it to take over and kill a corals. I just lost a couple heads of frogspawn, yet they'd been in my tank for half a year. I think it's been a good month or so since I'd added anything to the tank (very long time since any euphyllia). So, anyone know of research on how it takes over? Or educated guesses? :)

Also asking this for @Currdawg12 and @Ponyo who both mentioned having it in another thread. Cheers,
--Kyle

Note: I reposted this from the General forum realizing it's more appropriate here...
 
I can tell you physical damage is a big one, and overall just from stress
 
Do we know much about what causes this and ways to prevent it? I mean, I know it's a bacterial infection, but I suspect it's in our tanks and the right conditions may arise that cause it to take over and kill a corals. I just lost a couple heads of frogspawn, yet they'd been in my tank for half a year. I think it's been a good month or so since I'd added anything to the tank (very long time since any euphyllia). So, anyone know of research on how it takes over? Or educated guesses? :)

Also asking this for @Currdawg12 and @Ponyo who both mentioned having it in another thread. Cheers,
--Kyle

Note: I reposted this from the General forum realizing it's more appropriate here...
Thank you sir!!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top