What color do you paint your back glass?

What color do you prefer your back glass?


  • Total voters
    872
I use removable panels . I have black & blue. can't decide which I like. I chose black because it's a nice contrast for the corals & fish. The tanks is blue at the moment about to put up the black again. also my overflow is black .
I admit the painted looks a lot better but I want to be able to see back there every now & then . The back of my tank is a fish room.
 
Frosted Glass window film looks incredible :)
 
Mine is the darkest "purple" home depot sells, but I asked that he skew it to be darker. It's actually pretty purple when light hits it from the front, but light doesn't come from the front, it comes from the top, so it's really very dark purple. Coralline is going to cover it anyway, so it doesn't matter to me. Didn't go blue because my overflow box is black.
 
I used a blue EVA foam, nothing on my tank though, but I have the option to change it in minutes, it's just held with cellotape.
 
They use to sell tanks with a mirrored back. They also show a lot more dirt/algae on the glass.
I voted for none. But that is only because I allow my back glass to grow over with coraline algae. In turn I have various corals that now live on my glass. So I suppose if I could’ve voted for coraline algae covered that would easily have my vote.
 
Last tank my wife sponge painted it with purple and blue and it looked great. This thank I figured it would just get covered up with coralline algae which it did.
 
I don't really want to clean the back glass, because I would like the coraline to take over. I kinda like blue until it does though.
 
Kept mine clear, I have a fishroom and painted the back wall blue, this way I can see in the tank behind the rocks
 
My tank is built in the wall. I did blue on the back, black on the sides. My thinking was that the blue in the back would be like looking out to sea. That only works when the snails keep it clean though [emoji28]
 
IMAG1567.jpg
I painted my tank blue whit black and white and gray dots to give a more sky look whit starand I use spray paint for it krylon fusion
 
How about a HDTV?? With looping video of a live cam set up in Mauritius on a reef...


O wait that is right I have yet to start my next build thread :).

I am waiting on a cheap version of the flexible displays. One could just hang it on the back, and remove for maintenance. In the mean time one could use a shadowbox, etc. But you don't seem to have much of a limit to your budget, go for it now!

How are you liking the Orpheks? I am thinking of three for my next tank: 24x40x72 peninsula.
 
Pic if possible?

Having some issues getting some of the images to upload. Anyways... The smoked glass look is absolutely beautiful in person. Changes colors as your lights change :)

Right after install. Best representation of the “actual look”.
54965A7C-A50D-481F-A2A5-A6365E48EE0B.jpeg


A year later.

2313E167-97BD-489F-9873-55E163F0F413.jpeg



339EB63C-5936-4799-B587-031C051E88BB.png


And you can back light them for different affects and or colors.
0C318287-6634-4AB6-A224-E67DBE3A26B7.jpeg
 
Well i never paint my glass as I may wanna change it easily. What i did 2as go to dollarama and for 1.50 cents each get a couple of those thick polyboard and i painted a design on those then cut it so it fit in nice and snug without tape and would stay in place between the top and bottom aquarium trim. Now if you have pure glass aquarium with no trim then you may have to think of another way to make them stay bu5 it works, looks good and has not fallen of or got wet since i installed it 2 years ago. Once home i will send a pic of what i mean. About an hour.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top