What coral do you feel like doesn't get enough love?

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2022
Messages
14,188
Reaction score
24,058
Location
North Georgia
Seller Rating
4.7 ★
Rating Count
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This can be in regards to specific coral or overall species (zoas, acans etc...). There are a lot of different corals we can have in our tank, and they range from a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes. I am wondering what is a specific coral species or group of coral you feel doesn't get talked about enough? Let's see those coral!
 
All leathers.. specifically toadstool and cabbage leathers
Me and my life love toadstool corals, the one we have in our tank is one of my wife’s favorite coral
 
Yeah I never see fox corals talked about!
They’re so unloved I don’t even have a decent picture of mine. It looks much better in person.

IMG_4878.jpeg
 
Yeah I never see fox corals talked about!
honestly i didnt even realize they were a thing.... i feel like ive seen these a few times in a LFS but just walked right past thinking it was a bubble or cabbage coral that was just not happy.....
 
honestly i didnt even realize they were a thing.... i feel like ive seen these a few times in a LFS but just walked right past thinking it was a bubble or cabbage coral that was just not happy.....

I feel like its also a super rarity to find at an LFS. Its like a hidden gem find!
 
Yeah I never see fox corals talked about!
I offered them at some frag swaps in my area. No one gives them a second look. Maybe because they are a plain green or beige color. I ended up giving them to a lfs.
 
I offered them at some frag swaps in my area. No one gives them a second look. Maybe because they are a plain green or beige color. I ended up giving them to a lfs.

I have a small frag, but I will be looking for one at reefapalooza this year.
I think if you can get a colony size of a fox coral, it will be a star coral of a tank.
 
AnYthing from the Carribean or USA ….I SOOOO wish they get some common sense and allow aquaculture of our native species
 
I'm here to start a war.

GSP
I feel like gsp gets too much hate, I kinda like the way it looks in a tank when it's fully grown out
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top