What coral is with my daisy cutter?

wjm6449

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2023
Messages
1,492
Reaction score
1,645
Location
new jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me what is with the zoas (daisy cutter zoa) I just bought. These weren’t observed when I bought the frag?

image.jpg
 
could also potentially be another morph of zoa. can confirm by putting your blue light on: if no color, most likely aiptasia. if the tips bubble/are bubbly like a BTA, likely a majano. if all sorts of colors, zoa.
 
could also potentially be another morph of zoa. can confirm by putting your blue light on: if no color, most likely aiptasia. if the tips bubble/are bubbly like a BTA, likely a majano. if all sorts of colors, zoa.
Should I destroy that if it is majano?
 
Outside of the tank yes.. that would be ideal!
Well. I went heavy handed and cut a few things. Polyps possibly too. But as I said heavy handed. Fortunately the frag was sitting in the tank for two hours only.
image.jpg
 
I would need a clearer pic but could be a paly. I’ve seen some with longer tentacles that used to be in higher flow
To be honest I destroyed it. Enough doubt to decide if rather lose a poly or two and cut out what I didn’t pay for anyway. From my LFS. Didn’t even see it when everything was fully opened.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top