What could cause my middle acan to close up?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zeal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2018
Messages
2,812
Reaction score
1,740
Location
South Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weirdest thing has been happening recently.
5340aa6c77370cddf7afdcb0c1f69396.jpg
abae0c0da987b36270fc6d909af1102c.jpg



Recently have been having this weird issue that this acan randomly closes up. All 3 have been next to each other since a August. Haven’t changed anything and just now this last month I noticed it’s closing up and randomly fully
Opening

The fully open picture was Sunday
 
It's typical behavior for acans to do this, inflate and deflate. It doesn't mean there's an issue or that the others should do it, they just do. I wouldn't worry at all as they look very healthy.

But just this particular one? Just worried they there might be a problem. Sometimes the far right one also deflates

And they’re not stinging each other because they open up regularly
 
Could be an invert crawling on it but looking at them, they look really healthy. It's just normal behavior, even our trachyphyllia would do the same.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top