I agree with the advice Salty and Ca1ore were giving before.
+1 on this
And Genesis is also correct about the Tuxedo urchin. An urchin is especially good when you have massive amounts of GHA or similar issues. The problem with urchins in general is that they will mow rock (or anything else) they crawl over, bone clean. Eventually, they'll eat themselves out of food in a smaller tank and they could potentially cause problems because they can be bulldozers for coral. Not something to put in a new setup IMHO.
If you want to start off your system properly right from the start, I'd suggest at least a little sand (preferably crushed coral, aragonite or at least a very coarse sand) in your fuge if you have chaeto there. Even a shallow substrate layer with chaeto is way better than only chaeto alone.
Aside from that, before I added any fish, coral or CUC to my system, I'd start macro algae in the tank. For example caulerpa and/or gracillaria and/or ulva. Once these MA start growing add pods to your system, to both the Chaeto in the sump and to the DT where the caulerpa and/or etc,... is growing.
Some MA examples:
http://www.aquariumcreationsonline.net/vip.html
Wait about 10 days for the pods to establish themselves and I'd say you're good to go with slowly adding inhabitants. During that time, you'll have to light the tank normally to grow the MA. So feed the tank also, even before you add the pods (feed very lightly the first few days). During the initial period, you can feed something cheap like goldfish flakes or whatever, so that when the pods are added, there is something in the tank for them.
If you straight up add a CUC to a new tank, there's no fauna in your tank so they will probably just starve and die. Not good for a new system. I feel that's doing things the hard way and has a potential to attract problems in the future.
If you don't want MA in your system long term, you could split it from the DT and put some in the fuge (or not?) or just gradually trim the MA in the DT, over a period of a few weeks to where it's really small or remove it completely (I mean remove it after you've got it down to almost nothing).
I find that starting off with growing MA, will create a buffer period that will speed up the usual waiting period where reefers are "just waiting" while the tank "cycles". Rather than just waiting and doing nothing, it's a more proactive approach before adding inhabitants.