What demand should I wait for before setting up my calcium reactor?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Roggio
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Roggio

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 13, 2011
Messages
360
Reaction score
369
Location
Orlando
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my tank is new because of the hurricanes. I'm currently dosing 40ml of two part daily. A friend of mine suggested I wait until my demand is over 100ml daily.

I just got a new reactor and I'm excited about setting everything up. My system is pretty large (600g) and I have 20-30 sps frags and colonies.
 
You can do it now. No need to wait imo.

You could set it up with a brand new tank in fact.
 
Thank you! I should just go with a higher PH for less demand?

Id just test alk. Just like two part Or others.

IMO , ph is too hard to chase , based on time of day etc. unless you have a pinpoint or controller to make it easier. But I'd trust the alk test first.
 
Id just test alk. Just like two part Or others.

IMO , ph is too hard to chase , based on time of day etc. unless you have a pinpoint or controller to make it easier. But I'd trust the alk test first.

He means pH in the reactor, I assume. :)

Yes, higher reactor pH. :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top