What did you do to your tank today?

If you are referiref to Jack O' Lantern Lepterosis, it doesn't get real fluffy at all. I have had mine for a number of years now. Grows well, just not "poofy"
I don't think it puffs up either. Acans puff up, I think this is more like a war coral (just not as aggressive)
 
I know exactly what they are talking about when they say puffy on the Jack Lepto. I have also had a piece in my tank for about 6 weeks and it looks OK, but at the lfs it looked more inflated and fleshy...

Here is mine :
8524ad133d67a0ce9ca8773bef5587c7.jpg
 
I know exactly what they are talking about when they say puffy on the Jack Lepto. I have also had a piece in my tank for about 6 weeks and it looks OK, but at the lfs it looked more inflated and fleshy...

Here is mine :
8524ad133d67a0ce9ca8773bef5587c7.jpg
I think that looks pretty cool
 
I know exactly what they are talking about when they say puffy on the Jack Lepto. I have also had a piece in my tank for about 6 weeks and it looks OK, but at the lfs it looked more inflated and fleshy...

Here is mine :
8524ad133d67a0ce9ca8773bef5587c7.jpg
Looks beautiful. They have such brilliant color. Looking forward to watching it grow.
 
Flooded the garage....... Again.... At least it was RO this time..

And... Did water changes on all 3 tanks, cleaned the skimmers, all the usual stuff you do before leaving the tank for a few days..

Also added some hermit crabs to the Mangrove tank plus acclimated another molly for that tank as well....
 
Flooded the garage....... Again.... At least it was RO this time..

And... Did water changes on all 3 tanks, cleaned the skimmers, all the usual stuff you do before leaving the tank for a few days..

Also added some hermit crabs to the Mangrove tank plus acclimated another molly for that tank as well....

I fell asleep with my ro on and woke up to a nice overflow that went across the room down the wall Into basement in the laundry room messing up he ceiling. Oops ha
 
Cleaned skimmer. Added mineral mud to refuge. Setup seneye so I can test par levels tomorrow.
 
Cleaned the skimmer, vortech foam guards and all 4 sides of the glass. Then poured the wine. Actually that was last night not today. I’m not drinking yet this morning
 
I fell asleep with my ro on and woke up to a nice overflow that went across the room down the wall Into basement in the laundry room messing up he ceiling. Oops ha
Man I had that happen set a timer went to bed and told my GF to shut it off which she did... Just the timer though.
 
I added a Liter of Seachem Matrix and built a little eggcrate box for it.. Added 2TBS of Carbon.. Fed fish.. Dipping corals tomorrow.. Put a jawbreaker baby on a plug.
 
Swapped out a leaky pump for a new one..

260e0dddc0a4382fa1e9462230329303.jpg
f6a575f7a605b9003fe3b42b4a940ef5.jpg
 
Watched coral grow, watched fish swimming, fed fish, few fished pooped and watched tangs eat the poo.
Lol, my foxface craps out undigested Nori, the tang and angel go after it.
 
No rebuild kit? It's probably some worn o-rings
I had them ship me a rebuild kit about a month ago. Installed it, and everything went smooth. It wasn't leaking around the seal casing but it was leaking from out around the shaft. I contacted them and they sent out the replacement on their dime and I have to return the old one within 30 days ... once I'm happy with the new one.
Absolutely satisfied with how they handled the situation.

I think the main bearings were gone and I was getting a bit of wobble in the shaft.
 
I had them ship me a rebuild kit about a month ago. Installed it, and everything went smooth. It wasn't leaking around the seal casing but it was leaking from out around the shaft. I contacted them and they sent out the replacement on their dime and I have to return the old one within 30 days ... once I'm happy with the new one.
Absolutely satisfied with how they handled the situation.

I think the main bearings were gone and I was getting a bit of wobble in the shaft.
So it was a warranty replacement, can't complain about that!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top