What do i set my Coral Box QPS5 to

OneOtter

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2021
Messages
95
Reaction score
39
Location
Woodstock
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I went ahead and purchased this a coral box quiet pump plus (QPS5) earlier today and have been messing with the settings since I had a Hydor 240gph power head and still have it since I might use that for a freshwater nano I have been planning, but it had no pulse or anything so I obviously had to upgrade in order to make my corals happier and of course get the aesthetics everyone loves in their saltwater tanks. My main thing is I have no clue what Mode to set it to and what frequency and flow to set it at. The tank I have it in is a 15 gallon, and if I set it to the Reef Mode it has built in I feel like whatever the frequency and flow are set at are too powerful and can't see the difference whether the frequency is a low number or high and same with the flow. So I am hoping someone who has one or knows how to set it up well would be able to help me out with it because the other mode I was thinking about using was the pulse mode but still not sure the frequency or flow.

The corals I have in this tank are a hammer coral, duncan coral, and a torch coral, as well as two bubble tip anemones and a rock flower anemone.


Please and thank you!
 
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top