What Do you all Like to dose in your reef systems?

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2016
Messages
2,654
Reaction score
2,060
Location
Nashville,TN
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As it sates what do you like to dose. Not including Magnesium, Alk and Calc. Anything else is fair game. Do you hand dose them, auto dose? Trace elements? Anything I want to know why you dose it and does it have the desired effects you were looking for. Photos are great too!

Ill start. I auto dose everything but the only thing I currently dose is Acropower. I am not sure If I am getting what it describes but it is not hurting any so I let it dose hah. I did used to dose Red Sea coral colors but stopped but might strt it back up since I have now figured out my issue with PE and everything looks amazing.
 
Of course I do dose alk and CA (but that's not what you were asking lol). The only other thing I dose is Amino acids and they seem to help a lot with color, growth and PE. There are lots of different ones, such as AcroPower and Aquavitro Fuel, but essentially they serve the same purpose. In addition I do dose Kents Marine Coral Vite. Not sure if it does anything but I've used it from the start and I think if everything is doing well, no point in changing it :)
 
Nothing. I don't like to dose anything. I like to enjoy my aquarium, like to watch the fishes swim, like to see the growth and coloration of my corals over time, like to cat nap to the sound of gently flowing water... Dosing is a chore, and one I try and do as little as possible.

Dosing pump with Triton Core7. Everything else is on an only as required basis, and just as minimal as possible. Nothing on any sort of regular basis. Note, tank is fairly new, things change, but I seriously doubt I'm _ever_ going to 'like' dosing.
 
IMG_0072.JPG
Reef energy A and B, trace elements.
 
i run 1 zeovit reef and use their stuff, and i run 1 red sea rcp reef and use all their stuff at recommended dosages . both are nice but the red sea program is much easier, and has more growth. ...zsu
 
I'm on triton .. and have dosed lithium , strontium , manganese , or what ever else they advise .. other than that I dose 2000mg twice a day of vitamin C . And every now and again nitrate plus ..
 
Daily dosing of amino mix, energy, vitality, iodide, iron, stronti, traces and some booze for my bacteria. Mixed reef, SPS dominated non-WC 75G tank.
 
i run 1 zeovit reef and use their stuff, and i run 1 red sea rcp reef and use all their stuff at recommended dosages . both are nice but the red sea program is much easier, and has more growth. ...zsu

Do you keep your parameters at red sea's recommended levels?
 
Im on DSR (Dutch Synthetic Reefing) I dose daily. Alk, Ca, Iodine, Manganese, Carbon V/S and Fe Trace (iron trace element) on automatic dosing. and once a week Amino's and once at 10 days KZ A-Balance for the random bleeching of my acro's bottoms (some did before and it seemed to help)
339b1d5288c5a5d92268c2c63c310afe.jpg
 
Im on DSR (Dutch Synthetic Reefing) I dose daily. Alk, Ca, Iodine, Manganese, Carbon V/S and Fe Trace (iron trace element) on automatic dosing. and once a week Amino's and once at 10 days KZ A-Balance for the random bleeching of my acro's bottoms (some did before and it seemed to help)
339b1d5288c5a5d92268c2c63c310afe.jpg
DSR? tank looks great..where can I read more about it?
 
DSR? tank looks great..where can I read more about it?

http://www.dsrreefing.nl

I'm from the netherlands but the site is in english mayb there is also a retailer in the us for it. It is great keeping my parameters verry steady on my 35 gallon tank[emoji1360]
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top