What do you have trouble keeping in your tank?

weaponsofmassdesign

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
1,514
Reaction score
21
Location
Van Buren, AR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious to know what everybody has a hard time keeping in their tanks...inverts, fish etc. I have a hard time keeping GSP! I can keep it, but it doesn't seem to grow much. I have everything from soft to SPS coral and other inverts. Fish have always been healthy too.
 
For some reason utter chaos paly does not do well for me.. and my cespetularia has almost melted on me twice..
 
Monti Caps!!!! :(
 
Monti caps (I assume my tank just knows they grow to fast and no one else around here would want the frags anyways), small zoa's (my tang thinks they are pellet food I think...), large polyps are fine tho, acans/ welso/trachys (angel likes their feeder tenticles, or atleast likes them when there is food in them... either way no more in the big tank).
 
Ricordias I don't know why but they just. Elf away after a month or 2

Maybe to much light. I had the same problem once with ricordia and with some zoa's.. I have to put ricordia in the shade in my reefs or they will slowly shrink up over time.
 
looks like im in the oppisit boat then some.. My GPS and monti cap grow like weeds..
 
small zoa's (my tang thinks they are pellet food I think...)

Haha!

I cant keep color on certain acros....well, I can keep brown ones.:neutral:

I have an Acro that won't color up. It's growing pretty fast, but just stays brown. From top view the polyps have a little green tint, but thats it.
 
Bird's nest! Any other monti, acro, lps, softie, and nems do great and thrive.

Country boy using tapatalk on a HTC Evo
 
I can't keep water in. Evaporation is a pain :-) I struggle with keeping xenia but other stuff all grows well.
 
You'll note alot of the responses/issues involve situations of trying to mix corals of differing requirements. The others are water chemistry related(brown Acroporas, Montipora not growing, birdsnest STN/RTN). Not jumping on any soap boxes here :), just something to ponder on...
 
Cyphastrea for me! I've tried both Meteor Shower, and Jason Fox PPE Cyphastrea's. Both died on me...tried them months apart...
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top