what do you think of this pectina?

That blue is pretty nice in it, don't see blue ones very often. I have a green with orange eye one, and a purple with green eye one...no blue though. Very nice.
 
That one is nice if you ask me. I used to have a baby blue one and as it grew larger it became far more cool to look at with its growth patterns. They will send out some long sweepers though.
 
im thinking of it what is the care level on these things?

They are classified as expert/difficult and some people say they need to be left in the ocean. But in my experience they are fairly easy, just place and forget. They can not have any sand settlel on them though. I keep mine in the 200 par area and they do good. I've been told they have super long sweeper tentacles (and seen a video) but mine have never had them out in the several years I've had them. I don't target feed them either. Literally just place and forget. They grow SLOOOOWWW.
 
Last edited:
They are classified as expert/difficult and some people say they need to be left in the ocean. But in my experience they are fairly easy, just place and forget. They can not have any sand settlel on them though. I keep mine in the 200 par area and they do good. I've been told they have super long sweeper tentacles (and seen a video) but mine have never had them out in the several years I've had them. I don't target feed them either. Literally just place and forget. They grow SLOOOOWWW.

Agreed. Fairly easy to care for. The sweepers are very long, but I've only seen them on the space invader. I think target feeding just increases the growth rate. My SI grew super fast. They are a nice addition to a mixed reef
 
I got this one for a friend.
pectina_zps91cf0740.png
 
I have 2. One is a spike type called alien invasion got from Cornbred. However it still has not colored up to the mother colony color yet. It is slowly growing and has added 3 new eyes. It does get sweepers but no longer than a favia. I also have a plating type. It grows faster it is purple with green eyes and rim. Its sweepers are much longer but still not as long as i have seen on the space invader. A LFS has a good size mother colony. It is one spectacular coral. Another LFS got one in of the spike type and they had issues with fragging it, compared to the plating type. They are in the chalice family but neither are as easy to frag as a normal chalice. I have read the cut flesh is very easy infected. Actually sealing the cut flesh with frag glue helps reduce infection.
 
i missed mine. had it for about 2 years when i first brought it people said it ugly but after it grew it one the showpieces of my tank. i agree it is very easy to care for. what amazing about these is when u target feed them they get really puffy and the long sweeper that come out at nighttime. i think u should go for it u don't see pectina very often
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top