What else have you tried in your auto feeder?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cdw79
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Have you tried different brands of pellets? I use the Neptune pellets in my autofeeder and the fish seam to love them.

pretty sure those Neptune pellets are just TDO Chromaboost pellets with a Neptune label slapped on the pouch.

I put a mix of pellets and flakes in my autofeeder.
 
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Even if they take to the pellets Masstick just seems like a cool product.

The problem fish I have are:
Lyretail anthias (on the smaller side, maybe 2-2.5 inches)
Adult Bangaii (wild caught I think)
Yellow Assessor
New lawnmower blenny (not worried about him, there's plenty of film algae that he grazes on all day)

What size would be best? I'm seeing C1, B2, etc and I'm not really sure what to make of the different options
This is what I use. I would also consider frozen PE calanus for the small lyretails.

20220401_082757.jpg
 
Oh ok, weird, I'm seeing both the small-medium-large breakdown and some like B1 and C2. I'll look for the ones that just say small then.

What are the benefits of calanus? Heard of it before but never fed it. I'm less concerned about frozen food though- between mysis, rod's, and one other mix I can't think of right now, the fish get a pretty solid variety!
 
I haven't had any luck getting a new anthia to eat any pellets yet... so my plan of feeding it multiple times a day with a auto feeder has yet to pan out.

Right now it will only eat frozen calanus and cyclops... and a little bit of brine shrimp if its really small. Won't touch blood worms, and didn't show any interest in fish eggs either.

I've offered it 4 types of pellets and it won't even try one.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top