What fish are you so glad you bought?!

I have three and they do not fight at all, very laid back fish showing no aggression. We got three after researching it may help us achieve a mated pair however I think we may have three of the same sex due to no mating nor aggression.
This makes me happy to think about.
 
I have three that do great together. They each have their own spot in the tank they spend most of their time and are voracious eaters!
It's so fun to watch good eaters eat. Not so much with fishes that sniff at what's offered, tentatively taste it, and then spit it out. I love watching my goby dash after and gobble down anything he sees.
 
They can but it helps if the shrimp are already in the tank when you add the Hawkfish. I have a nice sized Fire Shrimp which they ignore so far. Also have some hermits crabs and plenty of snails. Like I said, so far so good but it's definitely a gamble.

Great advice! I really want a flame hawk and long nose so while they are in QT i will add my inverts. Off topic but any QT practices needed for inverts?
 
Inverts can carry ich in its encysted form - some folks have set up a second QT and simply held them for the 76 days needed to make certain they're not packing trouble . . .

Others don't - and cross their fingers.

~Bruce
 
One of my best bought that's not a wrasse. Starting to change.

a6816f66aa6f315cc2b1cd9b461abc8f.jpg
 
My big lips Blenny, algae eater of note, also my Peppermint Shrimps, Aptasia gone! And my Pistol Shrimp and Tangerine Striped goby pair! OK, nearly all of them......
 
Love the answers! Keep them coming! I would love to get ahold of a Heniochus diphruetes, kinda a moorish idol replacement since the H.d. Is reef safe and pretty easy to keep and the moorish's aren't either of those things haha. I picked up a Christmas wrasse this week that I'm liking so far even more than my hoeven's wrasse! Never seen a fish with such striking colors and patterns as this one!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top