What heater for 10gallon frag tank

reefer024

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2020
Messages
267
Reaction score
288
Location
Phoenix
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run a eheim in my display it's been years in use. Is that still the route to go? I read they aren't the quality they used to be. Any suggestions for preset temp ones or non pre set? Thanks, happy reefing
 
Currently I'm running a cheap non adjustable tetra heater and it's been keeping my 5 gal at 72 for over a year
 
Out of paranoia, I'd suggest an adjustable heater. Maybe I am just unlucky, but every heater I have ever bought, even preset ones, are always off by a couple degrees.

Currently using an aquatop heater, been my most accurate and reliable yet.
 
I usually go for cheaper ,simpler and easy to replace in a pinch had a good heater at one point but it there off a bunch of stray volts.
 
Ya I just don't want to cook my frags and colonies that are growing out. I'd rather it be reliable than just cheap to replace.
 
Yeah I hear ya there , I forgot to mention reliable the tetra ones are that .

Usually in my case it's me breaking things on accident.
 
I am using BRS titanium submersible, with a controller. They have been on sale, at least the 200 watt were
 
I am using BRS titanium submersible, with a controller. They have been on sale, at least the 200 watt were
Just looked them up seem good, I've never heard of them. What controller are you using? I'd like something that sends alerts plus shut heater down incase of over heating.
 
I am using there controller, the one that comes with the heater. This last time I bought one that will work with 2 heaters, just in case one goes out at least it won’t crash as fast
 
for
I am using there controller, the one that comes with the heater. This last time I bought one that will work with 2 heaters, just in case one goes out at least it won’t crash as fast
How long have you ran it for? More worried about over heating than not heating as I'm in phoenix
 
I have one going on 2 months, got it set at 77.5* and it runs plus or minus .3*. The multi heater just got delivered. Will use that in the new build, hopefully after the new year.
I am in Las Vegas, about the same weather
 
I have one going on 2 months, got it set at 77.5* and it runs plus or minus .3*. The multi heater just got delivered. Will use that in the new build, hopefully after the new year
Thanks appreciate it
 
Lol same in tucson reason why I run my tank a tad cooler evap is awful.
 
Lol same in tucson reason why I run my tank a tad cooler evap is awful.
Ya I'm always topping off. But helps keep me on track with water changes. Could be worse, we could be heating our tank all year round when most the year the heater isnt really running cause ambient temperature.
 
Yup exactly keeps cost way down and evap is easy to deal with.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top