What ich resistant fish do you recommend to buy?

TbSaysNo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2022
Messages
435
Reaction score
112
Location
Denmark
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What fish that are pretty strong ich do you recommend for a 90 gallon reef tank?
 
Tangs can be ich magnets, but I’ve seen them shake off repeated velvet attacks. Just walk into any petco. You’ll see pretty much everything. Sometimes they die, but they’re tough.
 
Upvote 0
Tangs can be ich magnets, but I’ve seen them shake off repeated velvet attacks. Just walk into any petco. You’ll see pretty much everything. Sometimes they die, but they’re tough.
okey so no tangs it is
 
Upvote 0
All fish can potentially get ich, if the stress conditions are correct. We dont know what your tank is like, so its impossible to suggest a fish that wont get ich in your tank.
 
Upvote 0
All fish can potentially get ich, if the stress conditions are correct. We dont know what your tank is like, so its impossible to suggest a fish that wont get ich in your tank.
Ich resistant not immune.
Clowns have a think mucus coat helps protect them.
Fox fish shed mucus coat helps to protect them.
Sand sleeping wrasse.
 
Upvote 0
Ich resistant not immune.
Clowns have a think mucus coat helps protect them.
Fox fish shed mucus coat helps to protect them.
Sand sleeping wrasse.
I understand the question. Clownfish are very resistant and hardy.
Yet there are hundreds of threads on this forum about clowns with ich.
I'm just thinking, its a very strange question, rarely see this question, so I wonder what is the story behind this question.
 
Upvote 0
All fish can potentially get ich, if the stress conditions are correct. We dont know what your tank is like, so its impossible to suggest a fish that wont get ich in your tank.
my tank has 6 different non aggressive corals, a bunch of liverock to hide in and very low phosphate/nitrate (so low that I have to dose it to not hit 0)
I understand the question. Clownfish are very resistant and hardy.
Yet there are hundreds of threads on this forum about clowns with ich.
I'm just thinking, its a very strange question, rarely see this question, so I wonder what is the story behind this question.
well I don't want to quarantine for 80 days. I pay 500 usd per month in electricity for a tank with empty livestock.
 
Upvote 0

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top