What is ‘stable’ pH?

ClownSchool

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2021
Messages
649
Reaction score
773
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Five months ago, I had a 55 gallon mixed reef tank with a canister filter and my pH was tested using a Hanna meter.
I read it was best to test in the evenings, at the end of the photo cycle, and my tests consistently read just above 8.2.
BUT….since I moved everything over to a RedSea 350 with a sump, 90~ gallon total volume, and an Apex pH probe, I’ve had a problem keeping it above 8.0, and my lows are surprisingly low.
I use EVS two-part with the DOS and add 2ml of Kalkwasser in R/O every morning.

Does anyone have any advice on raising pH?
And,
What should a healthy tank’s pH swing be over 24 hours?
(The most recent dip in pH may have been due to using Aiptasia F)

BBDD1F49-36EA-44E3-9B1D-EC75BCC4A8C9.jpeg
A093AFCE-0631-46DC-BD08-3ABBEEB12F6F.jpeg
 
I dose kalk from 12am to 11am. then 2 part during the day. I only run my skimmer (with a c02 scrubber) when the ph falls bellow 8.3. The pH also reacts to whether I’m able to open the windows or not. My pH is between 8.25 and 8.4. I think it’s making a huge difference but have only been running it this way for a month or so.
B46B882A-AABE-434E-9733-71AC93D26759.png
 
Upvote 0

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top