What is ailing my coral beauty?

larawynn

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2016
Messages
9
Reaction score
7
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got coral beauty online a week ago. Along with a royal gramma. Noticed the next day tiny white spots on CB right fin. Both fish swimming and eating fine so waited out a bit. Now a white tuft form at top fin. Is this marine ich? And Is it bad to medicate if royal gramma seems super healthy and fine? Should I take him out?
Both in QT 20 gallons. Water salinity 1.021, ph 8, 0 ammonia.

Attached pic of different angles.
Snapseed.jpg
 
That looks like lymph which is good news. It's viral similar to a cold sore in humans. I would still advise treating prophylacally for ick and flukes no matter how good they look.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top